For many individuals a Caribbean lifestyle is of appeal and Antigua offers an attractive location and a number of other benefits, which include:
- Passport holders enjoy full Schengen privileges and do not require a visa to visit the UK as well as being able to travel to approximately 130 countries worldwide, including Hong Kong, Canada, Singapore, UK and Europe.
- The ability to reside in other Caricom countries: Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, St Vincent & Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad & Tobago.
- The following taxes are NOT levied in Antigua: personal income tax, gift tax, death duties, estate taxes, inheritance tax or capital gains tax on worldwide income.
- Antigua is an economically, legally and socially stable country which is part of the Commonwealth.
- Antigua is a beautiful island to live on, with 365 pristine beaches.
A minimum investment of US$400,000 in an approved real estate development is required. The property must be retained for a period of at least five years, following the granting of citizenship.
A Government processing fee of US$50,000 each is required for the applicant and spouse and there are additional fees for other dependants.
Dixcart can assist with applications to the Antigua residence scheme.